Thursday, July 31, 2008

Things of Importance Right Now

iTunes
Right now, the first Watchmen chapter is free to download until August 2. Not sure how the movie is going to pan out - I have my doubts about Zak Penn. Even though the graphic novel roolz, look what Brett Ratner did with X3.

Doug, Clarissa and Aaahhh Real Monsters are a few of the beloved childhood Nick shows up now on iTunes. Childhood is smacking me in the face right now, and I don't hate it. Pretty excited about seeing Rugrats and Hey Dude up also. Driving the other day, I thought of Chuckie Finster and how much I can relate to him. Alas, only a few episodes of each show are up, but at least the Doug episodes with the Beets are up.

Joose 
Just got the best e-mail about a Joose competition. Joose is looking for people to write a song or create a commercial that doesn't promote underage drinking, drinking and driving or any other "lewd acts," but it must "promote the responsible consumption of Joose." Winners receive Joose merch and a sponsorship deal. Now, Steph, Edscott and I have been working on this all year - for free. We acted as Joose marketers on our good will, but now we have the possibility of payment in the form of Joose merch. Wow. I'm one step closer to my temporary dream of becoming a jingle writer.




No comments: