Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This is What It's Like When Steve Guttenberg and Robots Collide

Thanks to my short commute, I don't get to listen to the radio as much anymore. Today, WNYC was about to do a report on robots with emotion, but I already arrived to work so I didn't hear it. My ears perked after hearing the phrase "robots with emotion" because I'm pretty sure that I know a few robots. But ones with emotion, I'm not sure.

Here's the story. The gist is that a guy with a soul patch created Heart Robot, which reacts emotionally depending on how others act towards him. Unfortunately, the exhibit in London (so farrrrrr) attracts lots of bullies that make it clench its fists and heart race. Stupid kids. People say he's a cross between Gollum and ET. I beg to differ - I say a lamb and cuter version of Furby.

More great news came in the form of Steve Guttenberg. The Observer decided to revisit the Goot with an interview sequel. Not as good as the previous, but the Goot is as krah-zee as ever. Actually, turns out he may have smudged a few details in his previous interview. My favorite line: 

"In our first interview, Mr. Guttenberg had said he’d dated 600 women. (The day the article appeared, he received an e-mail from a woman that read, “Let’s make it 601. Call me for a drink.”) Now he thinks it’s more like 300." Parents, lock your daughters up. The Goot's loose.




1 comment:

s.hug said...

lololol, i was in tears man. just posted it on ontd, ty ty ty

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/26312912.html