Thursday, August 7, 2008

Of Wizards and Hot Water

Ahhh, I haven't blogged in forever. The whole blog is just a blur of Liz posts about Ghost Dads, Joose, and robots. With Liz covering the topics of technology, alcohol and the paranormal, what do I have left?

I just moved into a new apartment. I will use that as my excuse for not blogging in a while, plus I had left my laptop at home for about a week. Every afternoon has been a mad rush to get things done, which is really healthy for me, especially when I am usually much more sedentary. One afternoon, I espied a shirtless villain jumping in our driveway. I had to get sushi further up the street, so I kept driving, but that image was constant. A frumpy, thirty-something psychopath dancing and accomplishing tai chi with some kind of wooden stick. His jump kicks were fire in my very brain. I returned home, praying that my quixotic, downstairs neighbor didn't fight windmills and side mirrors daily. I hoped even more that he didn't accomplish these acts in eyesight of neighbors and poor, un-witting civilians, who need not the terrors of white lightning; burning off its second wind by playing with a wooden sword.

I was wrong. The honks and the yelps from passersby have only affirmed to me this past week that we live above a major weirdo. I got a closer look at the sword when returning home yesterday. He took time out from his regimen to explain to me why the hot water doesn't work, which of course he knows nothing about. The rigors of plumbing and heating are not eminent in the mind of a karate wizard/mystery man.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Good use of the term quixotic, son. Your father is proud of you.

Also, maybe your downstairs neighbor is just secretly hoarding the hot water for himself. A tai chi master needs his hot water.