Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wordsmithery

I can't get over how good Aretha Franklin is. She makes me feel like a real whoa-man.

I finished my Playgirl article, but it just needs to be tightened up. I could essentially just write the article about Ben's dating philosophy but alas, I don't think they'd accept that. I love that our friends are clever and smart wordsmiths.

I downloaded Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville album this morning. Moe on Jezebel raved about it, specifically the feminist lyrics. Listening to it briefly this morning, I wondered what kind of music I'd be into if I was a teenager in the early 90s. Probably Letters to Cleo, maybe Velocity Girl and the British pop/twee scene? I don't know. Or maybe I would've been really in SWV and Boyz II Men. Anyway, Liz Phair used to be good when she wasn't doing shitty pop songs that showed up in Mandy Moore movies (which I coincidentally love now).

No comments: