Monday, June 30, 2008

Re: Dakota Fanning's rape movie

Slow news day.

My mom's friend from Germany is coming this week. She's coming with two daughters - both around my age. I need to entertain them, but first I must get over the language barrier. Their English is apparently minimal, and after 8 years of German, my German is also minimal at best. I'm trying to think of places they'd want to go in NYC that our moms would also like to visit. I don't want to visit Times Square, but I know they will. And my mom is all about that awful boat ride around the Statue of Liberty. I did it once in 8th grade, and I'll never do it again.

I have to interview this producer/writer today. She's from Hackettstown (next town over) and she produced the Dakota Fanning rape movie (or Hound Dog, but I prefer D. Fan's rape movie). I'm totally asking her about it. That and what she did for fun in cow country. She recently wrote this coming-of-age shore movie that wanted to be as good as Dirty Dancing and Mystic Pizza, but fell short. I should also ask her if Fanning's as creepy as she looks now that she's going through puberty.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

this makes me want to watch mystic pizza again