Monday, June 30, 2008

A Walking Stereotype

I can help you a little bit with some German, but it is probably on par with yours. I only had two years in high school, though. When I was in Austria I tried to talk to the heiress of a crystal glassware fortune, and while trying to impress her in German I think I told her that I had a limp doctor.

Actually, while you're at it, you should read this list of German stereotypes of Americans. Maybe it will shed some light on who should not be introduced to them (i.e. Myself).

I am, after all, no longer allowed in Austria after an event involving a cabin loft, an immovable mattress and a night of drinking. I also urinated on at least twenty statues in Reykjavik, so Iceland is off limits, too. You think I should tarnish some other Europeans' opinions of the good-ol' U.S. of A.?

No comments: