Sunday, May 31, 2009

Unfinished Drafts

Looking through possible entries to edit, I realize I start many and never finish. I apologize for all the great things you're missing out on. I mean, they could be really great. At least my whiteboard covered in "To Dont's" and crazy ideas would imply that they could be great.

I finished the third season of The Wire tonight with Os. The season seemed to lurch and halt at times, but I think it was a creative decision that followed McNulty's same path of reconciling the absoluteness of his quest to put one man behind bars and the eventual emptiness he feels when bullets take that away from him.

Those same thematic bullets keep me from finishing blog entries, to putting life shit in order, to picking up healthy hobbies now neglected. Actually I can't even say that, because I don't put eggs in any baskets, let alone all of them in one. A friend of mine once told me that I just let things fall in my lap. I guess that's true, and I guess that's why I feel just as empty as McNulty about it.

1 comment:

Liz said...

McNulty is a hero. A hero among drunkard cops and girls living in Korea. True statement.

Season 5 gets sad, but season 4 helped me get through the beginning of teaching. I bonded with Prez over inner-city teaching. You know, inner-city Seoul teaching is a lot like Bodymore.