Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Catching the Big Fish

Lately I've been having a hard time distinguishing between my subconscious feats and my lucid ones. I think it's due to an overactive imagination coupled with a feeling of dread for all things real. I even take myself out of moments lately that have the crippling effect of this reality. Other people's discussions about their lives and reconciling the world they live in are a far cry from the nagging doubt I have about my abilities to thrive and exist in the same realm.

David Lynch prescribes transcendental meditation as the cure-all for these doubts, and as a gateway to the ultimate goal of "catching the big fish" - that moment wherein dream can actually become reality. I've never been one for mysticism beyond the occasional religious event, but maybe it's time I start thinking about a way to cope in a place full of confusing predicaments. For now, I think I'll begin a dream journal as some way to keep reminded of my own shortcomings and possible solutions to these terrifying events.

Unfortunately I remain a child - a returned piece of scrap from a pile of mail at home informed me of my sad state; it was a list of a perfected end-game team of Pokemon.

Keep dreaming.

2 comments:

Liz said...

David Lynch left Ukraine for Munich according to his twitter.

He also likes Moby. Or at least his new song.

E.S. said...

http://twobirds1stone.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-have-new-favorite-website-ulillillia.html


OH MY GOD LIZ, I'M BECOMING THIS DUDE. I need to stop taking everything so seriously.